When the build team behind a quaint 40-room inn encountered disapproval from certain area locals, they needed the right words to share a bigger, more long-term vision of communal economic success. Below is ad copy (for local print publications) + a letter of support for the project (sent by mail). **Distinguishing names removed for privacy
What’s important to you is important to us.
Sharing our distinctive [city] culture through a community-based project that:
- MAKES DOWNTOWN PARKING EASIER by adding 31 new spaces at no cost to the city
- KEEPS TRAFFIC LIGHT with no increase along the beach neighborhood streets
- PROTECTS OUR HISTORIC HERITAGE, ensuring that all garden spaces and the iconic train depot remain exactly the same
- KEEPS [CITY] BEAUTIFUL through a strategic low-level structure that preserves surrounding mountain views
- PROMOTES OUR SMALL-TOWN CHARM with a simple 40-room layout that makes ours one of the smallest hotels in the area
- LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE [CITY], thanks to the team at — architects, who work to ensure the inn reflects our unique town spirit
- STRENGTHENS COMMUNITY as a relaxed gathering place for area locals, small businesses, events, and more!
Discover more about the [INN] – a project created by locals, with locals in mind – at [WEBSITE]
Following is a public letter of support sent by mail:
By now, you may have heard of the [INN] – a project which brings together four local families to establish a quaint 40-room hotel that draws inspiration from its location at the historic —- train depot. Designed to showcase the best aspects of our beloved hometown, the inn is thoughtfully planned to serve as both a relaxed local gathering place and welcoming home-away-from-home for area visitors.
As a valued neighbor and fellow community member, we want to assure you: what’s important to you is important to us. Here are the need-to-know facts about this project, so you can understand exactly what we mean:
This is a privately-funded project by locals, with locals in mind. The four families behind this build live right here in —- County, and we don’t require local funding. We care deeply about this community, and we intend to stay involved with the inn – which is projected to enhance annual city revenue by half a million, create numerous local jobs, and enhance local downtown businesses – to ensure its success long after completion.
The inn fills an important need for the City of —-. Last year, the City of —- began searching for a business that could occupy the old train station site adjacent to the Amtrak platform on —- Avenue. We officially organized as the —-, LLC in order to submit a proposal for a small-scale hotel that accurately reflects our unique local culture.
Our vision: small-town charm at its best. This quaint beachside inn will adapt less than 50% of the current city parking lot and draw (at most) 80 guests, many of whom will be encouraged to arrive via Amtrak and explore our beach district on foot or by bike. With intentional planning, the inn will also:
- Make downtown parking easier by adding 31 new spaces at no cost to the city, along with an 83-space lot that offers closer beach access for everyone
- Keep traffic light, with no increase along the beach neighborhood streets
- Protect our historic heritage, ensuring that all community garden spaces and the iconic train depot remain exactly the same
- Keep — beautiful with a strategic low-level structure that preserves surrounding mountain views
- Share our cherished local culture with a simple 40-room layout that makes —- Inn one of the smallest hotels in the area
- Look and feel like —-, thanks to the team at —- architects who work to ensure the inn reflects our unique town spirit
- Strengthen community by providing a relaxed gathering place for area locals, small businesses, events, and more!
What’s next? This project is still in its beginning stages. Final renderings will be ready for conceptual review in November before we start the permit process. This gives you plenty of time and opportunities to comments and help our team shape the finished project.
We want the —- Inn to be a community treasure of which we can all be proud. For more in-depth details, a site tour, or to get your questions answered, please reach out to us at [EMAIL].
Thank you for your time and thoughtful consideration regarding the bright future of our beautiful city.
[ SIGN-OFF ]